Remember that song "Manic Monday" by the Bangles? The year was 1986 and the Bangles were an all female band. It's still one of my favorite songs and so I've decided to devote today and maybe future Mondays to Manic Monday - fun things to go along with my frazzled, manic mind on Mondays.
You can read the lyrics at http://www.lyrics007.com/The%20Bangles%20Lyrics/Manic%20Monday%20Lyrics.html
I stumbled across this one over at The Esoterical Journey.
List your top six fears, necessities or hardships...
What better way to spend Monday than analyzing what I fear? Hopefully during the analysis I can get rid of the fears, or at least minimize them by replacing them with better more postive thoughts.
First you'll see my fears, then in quotes you will see my replacement strategy.
- Homelessness - Yes, I am at times afraid of becoming homeless.
Then again, sometimes I think it would be a relief to not have to worry about utility bills, lot rent, etc. Maybe living in the car for a few weeks would be good for me.
- Lightning - My former homes have been struck by lightning a few times, and so I have a more than healthy respect for lightning. I can actually "feel" the electricity sometimes during a storm.
Lightning brings me to a place of prayer... which is a good thing. Lightning reminds me that no structure or material thing is ever completely safe and secure. It can all be gone in a flash (pun intended). Appreciate what you have while you have it. Give thanks at all times.
- Snakes - I hate snakes. The only good snake is a dead snake.
Okay, I haven't come face to face with a snake since maybe the year 2000, which was my fourth time. My cats killed that one. I have never been bitten, so what am I worried about? If one does mysteriously appear in my home as has happened to friends of mine, I would just leave and call someone to come take care of the snake, a snake hitman. Plus, I have a cat and I trust him to protect me from snakes.
- Driving at night in the rain - I can't see and the stress level is phenomenal. I have a couple of medical conditions that are worsened by stress, and it can take a full two days to recover completely.
I really should get a cellphone so I could stop and call someone while I wait for the storm to pass. I could also just pullover and pray, but believe me, I am already praying in this situation. I try to avoid driving at night during the rain, but sometimes it's inevitable. Hmmm, still working on this one. I'll just have to drive at 35mph and let the 20/20 visioned drivers pass me, ignoring their horn blowing.
- Making a huge mistake as a parent - my daughter will be a senior this year, in high school. I am now at the place of guiding her to make decisions regarding her future. I am also at a place where I need to let go a little more... aaaaaagh.
I will trust her more. She has made pretty good decisions thus far, and I will continue to trust her and support her. I will try to remember to place her in God's hands once my job is done.
- Lack of future income
I saved this one for last, not because of importance, but because I already knew that I have no idea how to combat this fear. So, if you are a person of faith, please pray for me. Be sure to let me know so I can pray for you too.
Consider yourself tagged - go blog about your fears, and how you intend to fight them.
Have a Happy Manic Monday!